Here are some tips to help you recieve the best answers to your questions.
- Read back over your question before you press post. This will ensure it makes sense and reads well.
- Prective text can really let you down, so make sure you check that your question hasn't changed into something you didn't intend it too.
- Make sure you give your question context, so sometimes a little back story is imperative.
- Include important points to your question or people will fill in the gaps with their imagination and that can cause the question to go off the original intended topic.
- Make sure you check your spelling & grammar. - I'm personally a bit shocking with both spelling and grammer so I understand.
- Try not to be vague. Vague questions recieve vague answers or even worse no answers.
- I've seen people leave out vital parts to their question then they get flustered when people presume something else so make sure you take your time to read over - I can't express that enough.
- Finally just riterating take the time to ensure your question is in fact answerable.
When answering questions
- Please bide by the code of conduct :)
- Please read the question correctly and answer the actual question rather than giving your opinion on it. Unless of course they are asking for your opinion :)
- Type your advice, put yourself in the questioners shoes and Keep if it's advice that can be used or delete if you think it may come across offensively.
Questions you cannot ask here
Legal Questions: This also includes advice on how to get custody, how to get Child support Payments, How to change Surnames of children etc. These type questions would best be answered by a lawyer / Solicitor. For legal questions, try here
Medical Questions: If you have a health concern please make an appointment with your doctor. We don't mind if you ask for comforting advice (after you've seen a doctor) but please don't ask direct medical type questions on here. Ring 1300health.
Centrelink Questions: I know, sitting on the phone with them can take a long time – but it is the best way to get accurate answers to your specific questions. Or try their helpful website here
Competitions and causes & Advertisments : Please do not post your baby competitions or advertisements for your fundraising effort or business. We just get too many of these through! Feel free to post these (once only) on the fb wall though for the other mums to help out there
Please DO NOT use this website to ask for donations. - These types of question will be deleted and you will be banned.
Please DO NOT use this website to advertise your business. - If you were wanting to advertise your business please contact us via the contact form.
When you are welcomed into our community you're accepting your social responsibilities to behave with integrity and respect for all of our fellow sisters.